In 1926, the first organized competitive swim between Vashon Island and Point Defiance in Tacoma, WA was held across approximately two miles of open water, following the ferry route used today. Now we are making it possible to repeat this historic feat!
Blue Wave Aquatics is proud to announce the 4th annual Swim Defiance taking place at Commencement Bay, in Tacoma, Washington.
We welcome back returning swimmers as well as everyone else planning to participate in June for the first time. New this year will be a casual Julie Montiel Friends and Family wave allowing fins, hand paddles, pull buoys or another desired swim aides. Ankle chips will also be required to track swimmers in / out of the water. Swim Defiance offers a 3K and 5K event; participants for both events will receive the following:
- Custom designed embroidered beanie
- Safety monitored and kayak guided ocean swim with a HUGE bright yellowfinish arch
- Brightly colored custom race cap, required for swim
- FREE post-race celebration with yummy refreshments and fun music
Location: Owens Beach, Pt Defiance Tacoma WA
- Registration Opens Friday, March 17th
- Registration Closes: Thursday, June 1st
Hosted by: Blue Wave Aquatics
Race Director: Zena Courtney, 206-651-0823, email@example.com
Registrar: Angela Turley , 253-797-4920, firstname.lastname@example.org