Blue Wave Aquatics is proud to offer adult swim lessons to swimmers of all levels. Our
instructors provide a comfortable atmosphere so you can achieve your goals; whether
it is getting over the fear of being in the water, improving your skills, or preparing
for competition. All Blue Wave Aquatics swim lessons are for adults 18 and older.
USMS Learn to Swim
Learn to Swim! Adults aspire to swim more than any other activity yet 37% cannot swim the length of a pool. It is never too late to learn to swim or improve the skills you have.
Our classes are designed for adults who do not know how to swim or have limited skills. We will take you step by step and before you know it you are a swimmer!
Classes will cover:
- Bubbles and bobs - learn to breath
- Floating on your front and back - learn to relax
- Standing up in the water
- Gliding on your front and back
- Freestyle - learning to swim!
- Side stroke
- Deep water exposure
- Treading water
Class Size: Our classes are small, there is a maximum of 3 people per class.
Schedule: 4 lessons, 1 lesson per week
Requirements: USMS registration is required for all swim lessons see our fee schedule for more information.
Tri Time Monthly Lessons
Tri Time is our adult swim lesson program that offers continuous swim lessons month to month. Tri Time Level 2 is for swimmers who need stroke refinement, have a race deadline, want to lose weight or swim for fitness.
Tri Time Level 2 includes 1 Saturday class and 1 Blue Wave workout during the week.
Class will cover:
- Each week will build on the next
- Breathing and balance are the foundational components to swimming with ease, comfort and efficiency
- Deep water swimming
- Drills and skills: to teach your body to perform skills without overthinking it
- Endurance - learn to read, do and complete swim sets
- Learn how to use a pace clock to help get you fitter faster
- Learn how to build endurance while maintaining your technique
- Learn to swim graduate or Coach evaluated
- USMS registration is required for all swim lessons, please see the fee schedule page for more information
- Fins, paddles and goggles - see our gear list for new swimmers
- Be able to jump in deep water and resurface
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Swim 25 yards with side breathing
Private Swim Lesson
Private swim lesson with experienced US Masters Swimming coach. No matter your level of experience, coach will customize the lesson to your individual need. Time and pool schedule need to be organzied with the Coach.
Private lessons with our Head Coach, Wendy Neely, are $100.00 / hour
Private lessons with our Coaches, Jenn or Malcolm are $60.00 / hour
Semi-private lessons are $80.00 / hour
To schedule private lessons please register online and Wendy will contact you to schedule your session.
* If lessons extend over one month period of time, registration with USMS is required. No USMS registration if lessons completed within a one month period.